Finding yourself stuck inside? It may be doom and gloom outside at the moment, during these times staying inside is probably best! It is, after all, for your safety and the safety of others. At some point, we will all re-emerge, so why not use this time to get a step ahead? Passive Income Ideas have put together a list of self-improvement ideas can do while you are at home to improve yourself and your finances
1. Learn something new – Our Recommendation try Udemy
There are some things University or College cannot this teach you. Udemy is a great source for learning important skills, especially in today’s climate. I just finished learning Search Engine Optimization which taught me how to rank pages and posts such as this one higher in engines such as Google. Skills such as these are highly sought after currently, along with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Web Design, Programming. All the things you can learn on Udemy, and often under 15 Euros!
Alternative – EDX – Edx offers some great alternatives, these courses are free and offered by Harvard, MIT and many other prestigious universities!
2. Try Blogging
During these times there are lots of things to write about. People might want to hear your stories from back home. Keep friends and family updated about your travels. Blogging is also a great way to potentially earn money. This can be done in different ways, including placing ads on your website, or affiliate links and marketing.
Need some inspiration?
Here are some great blogging platforms
- WordPress – WordPress, trusted by millions including this website is the perfect way to get into blogging.
- Wix – Wix is a straightforward drag and drop editor with 0 technical knowledge involved, you could have your blog up in hours!
- Blogger – Run by the internet giant Google, blogger is a great place to get started.
3. Become a Yogi
Why not grab a mat and bust some moves? Yoga is the perfect way to keep your body and mind healthy. It takes little to no effort and just a bit of time. Mastering Yoga now whilst indoors can help replace the gym or previous fitness routine and keep you sane.
4. Skip Netflix and Try Youtube
Youtube has some amazing channels to watch, at the moment we are keeping an eye on some of our favourites for learning and keeping updated. Here are a few to keep you busy,
- VOX – Great learning source with loads of interesting videos from history to modern news.
- Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell – Learning videos in a fun and interesting animated form.
- Buzzfeed – Entertaining and lighthearted channel, good for a binge-watch.
- CGP Grey – Fun animated stickmen graphics tackling and explaining common questions.
- Nerdwriter – Some great essays on Film and Art. We particularly liked the art analysis,
- Unbox Therapy – Watch some of the worlds greatest and newest gadgets get unboxed and reviewed. Can be strangely satisfying.
- Kold – Kold produces some of the cleanest edits for travel photography ever. There isn’t much on this channel, but what there is, is perfect.
5. Teach English or learn a language
Learning a language is one of the best self improvement ideas. With many people not being able to leave their house at the moment, it is a perfect time to learn or continue learning a language. If you want to earn some money and still communicate with the outside world whilst inside we recommend learning/teaching a language. You can do this in different ways if you are happy not to earn. You will be able to find someone to do a language swap almost instantly online. Try local Facebook groups or classified ads. The same goes here for teaching. Many conversation class teachers can charge 15 euros an hour.
Outside of local groups here are some larger corporations hiring English teachers
For learning, we suggest the well-known following
- Netflix in local language
- Duo Lingo
6. Offer your service
Perhaps you learned something from the course above on Udemy? Or perhaps you already have a skill. Well, you can use this time to offer it up to potential clients and make some extra money and grow your portfolio!
Some placers to do this are
- Fivver – Great online marketplace
- Upwork – Popular among professionals
- People Per Hour – UK based skill marketplace
- Freelancer – Popular Freelancer site
Thanks for checking out 6 Self Improvement Ideas from Passive Income! If you are more interested in making some money with your skills check out this post!